This was a historic week for the Bangers in many ways!!
1) TWO Bangers ran their first ever marathons - Mark Zagata and Bobby McDonough, both at the Maine Black Bear Marathon.
2) And, Bobby ran a Boston qualifying time, becoming only the second Banger ever (after Kylee) to BQ on his first marathon!
3) A bunch of Bangers, including Jen Daley, Patricia Daley, Jonna Green, Alexa Fee, Mark Zurlo, Em Grover, Patrick McMahon, and Kevin Koncilja, ran the Newport 10-Miler on Sunday.
4) Extra big congratulations to Alexa Fee, who got engaged at the Newport finish line!!
5) Leandre Mansur joined the Bangers last week and ran her first ever 5k on Sunday as well!
6) Finally, we had a record number of 47 Bangers out at our Wednesday run! See attached photo documenting the awesomeness.
KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!
-26x1 is in only two short weeks! If you want to prepare a bit more, our track workouts are continuing at the Harvard Track in Allston on Tuesday nights at 7 PM. We still need more alternates for the relay - if you're interested in signing up, let Seth know!
-VERT Sasquatch is coming up surprisingly fast on Saturday, July 9th. Biggest race after party ever. If you can go, don't miss it!
-Next race up after that is our own third annual Brighton Bangers 5k! Save the date: Saturday, September 17th.
-All races, standings, and sign-up lists can be found in the race roster: http://bit.ly/
-We need more Saturday run hosts!!! All you need to do is pick a weekend, make up a theme of some kind, make a Facebook event, and promote the run. Sign up here: http://bit.ly/satbang
-This weekend is Smoothie Saturday: https://www.
-If you missed it on Wednesday, the votes are in for our November Grand Prix race, and the Cambridge Half Marathon is the winner! It's on Sunday, November 13th, starting at the CambridgeSide Galleria mall.
Happy Thursday and Bang On!